On Friday, May 4th, we’ll open The Rozzie Square Theater to the public - are you ready?
(Related: We're Moving! 5 Things Exciting About Our New Home)
Starting the weekend of May 4th and 5th, you can visit us in our new, spacious theater, located at 5 Basile st. Roslindale, in the heart of the very walkable Roslindale Village. We're surrounded by excellent restaurants and local businesses, alongside a thriving and supportive Main Street team. We hope you'll explore and see for yourself why this neighborhood was such an obvious and easy choice to make our new home.
Here's what else you need to know about...
The Rozzie Square Theater's Grand Opening Weekend:
1. ComedySportz will kick things off at 8 pm.
The first show of the evening will be ComedySportz, our long-running, well-loved signature show where two teams battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot. If you love TV’s Whose Line Is It Anyway? you'll love ComedySportz. A referee governs the action, calling fouls and keeping the match moving at an energetic pace. It’s perfect for dates, a night out on the town, or even quality time with friends and family.
- General Admission: $15
- Students/Military/Seniors: $12
- Group ticket deals for parties of 10+ call our reservation line: (617) 231-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Celebrity Guest Judges the Whole Weekend
We're honored that members of our communities will be joining us in celebrating this milestone as we put down roots in this community and increase diverse representation in local business leadership. You can look forward to these Celebrity Judges* making guest appearances at the ComedySportz matches that weekend and the following weekend:
ComedySportz on Friday 8pm
- Alia Hamada Forrest, Executive Director, Roslindale Village Mainstreets
- Dan Murphy, Roslindale Liaison for Mayor Walsh, Office of Neighborhood Services
- Mike Descoteaux, Artistic Director, Improv Boston
- Tom Spataro, Managing Director, Improv Boston
ComedySportz on Saturday 5pm
- Wilda Perez, RISE
- Ian So, CEO, Co-Owner/Co-Founder, Chicken & Rice Guys; Co-Founder, Asian Entrepreneurship Foundation
- Kit Pang, Founder, BostonSpeaks
- Stacey Smith, Comedy School Manager, Improv Boston
**Special** Friday, May 11 appearance: 8pm
- Annissa Essaibi-George, Boston City Councilor-At-Large
*Additional Guest Judges confirming! Check back for updates or follow us on Instagram.
WANT TO HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
CSz Boston and The Riot are working together to launch The Rozzie Square Theater and raise additional funds via an Indiegogo campaign. We would love your help to make this place beautiful and fun for everyone.
Whether you live in the community or are helping support from afar, we hope you’ll help spread the word via word of mouth or on your social channels - help us find folks who are passionate about bringing improv and comedy to communities. Every little bit helps.
JOIN US IN SAYING GOODBYE
If you want to catch one last ComedySportz match at our Jamaica Plain Home, please join us in saying thanks by coming out to our final ComedySportz matches at 146A South st. We'll be giving away prizes from local JP vendors (PolkaDog, Monumental Cupcakes, Salmagundi's!) and having our usual good time: